Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Bouldering!
















Today me and James went to Castle Hill for a day of bouldering (and sunbathing!) After a leisurely start to the day we jumped into Blackie and headed to Castle Hill. Blackie did well on the open road and got us there safely. The sun was shinning, and it was really warm. We worked on quite a few problems, a couple that I had tried last time came fairly easily to me and we did some good tricky new ones. Much to my dismay James seemed to be overtaking me in bouldering ability, pulling off some good moves and doing some challenging problems. I had a great time though, and after a shaky start to the day (another Angela freaking out near the top moment - sorry James!) I did some fun problems, with not too much crying involved, lots of power screams and some great dynos! (that's a running jump to grab the first hold to those who are wondering!). There was a healthy amount of lying in the sun, basking in the glorious weather and taking in the beautiful snow-capped mountains around us. We drove home to a home cooked roast, courtesy of Rebecca (with a little help from Gary!) then a glass of red before bed.





A fantastic day, thanks James!

1 comment:

  1. James only seems to overtake you becausse he is taller!! I gather the car is called Blackie? (not tony or tim toyota then..
    Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete