Sunday, August 2, 2009

















Yesterday I met up with a girl called Sarah, who is looking for a climbing partner too. She climbs a lot with her boyfirend Brett who is a trad climber, but is wants to do lots of alpine stuff. So obviously I jumped at the chance. We seem to be about the same level, and have similar aspirations so its looking good! So we decided to head into the hills. We went to a farmers market at lyttleton, then walked back over the hills to their house. Walking over the hills the views were stunning. One way you have the bays and then the ocean, the other way you could see across the plains of Christchurch to the beautiful Southern Alps, stunning! After lunch the three of us set off to Repaki Crag for some climbing. The weather was fantastic, I actually ended up climbing in my sports bra, as it was so warm! (Better weather than the UK summer even?! - sorry guys!). It was spectacular. A great day, finished off nicely with fish and chips. It was a great start to my NZ climbing career. I led a fairly easy grade 12 climb (with some encouragement to do a mantel finish, relying on my old enemy the cam!) and seconded a 12 and a 17. It was fun climbing, with interesting rock, and plenty of protection, I still need to work on getting braver though!
All in all, a fab day!

1 comment:

  1. photos are great Angie, good luck at work on Monday (sorry to mention this but it has to be done!)
    Mum and Dad x

    ReplyDelete